Wednesday, November 5, 2008

NaNoWriMo and B12

So, I though all summer I was being a total lazy ass. I had no ambition and was only doing writing that was required, ie. deadlined paid writing. I was sleeping all the time and felt like crap. Figured maybe I was in some kind of a depression.
Then I did the smartest thing I have done in a long time: I went to see a naturopath. First thing she did was order blood work and guess what? I'm not lazy, just a bit anemic. Okay, a lot anemic.
See, there's this thing called B12 and it's wonderful.. it helps with energy, mood, though process, metabolism, anxiety and a shitload of other great things. In order for it to help, you need to have a range of between 400 and 800. Well, mine was at 100. And I went from being crazy to being deficient. My iron was also low and the two combined meant I was anemic.
I'm on supplements and slowly getting my energy up. Which means I'm back to writing. And in a big way.
November is National Novel Writing Month, something we writers like to call NaNowWriMo. Basically every November we hunker down and write a 50,000 word novel. I did this in 2006 and am attempting to do it again this year.
Crazy, I know. But so much fun.

No comments: