Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The joy of gift cards

Normally around this time of year all I think about is Christmas gifts. I plan and re plan my budget and what I am going to get everyone. I also have to come up with my own list of what I want to give to my husband and parents. This stresses me out and quite often on Christmas Eve I find myself wrapping furiously and trying to remember when I put the gifts I had wrapped in October.

This year I thought I'd try something different: not letting Christmas stress me out. My plan involves gift cards and gift bags. You see, everyone on my list this year is getting a gift card. And I'm popping it in a gift bag. Merry Christmas to me. I'm also asking for gift cards so I can get stuff I really want and even some stuff that I need.

Imagine a Christmas where you don't end up with three pairs of reindeer slippers and enough body wash to clean a small country. It is possible.

No comments: