Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Will write for food

So, I went to the gym yesterday. Yay for me! Of course, being me I did the usual and started off way to hard: 20 minutes of cardio and an hour long strengthening class. Felt tired and sweaty but great after. This morning in bed I went to turn over and the pain in my arms woke me up. Quikcly followed by the pain in my neck, legs, tummy, back and bum. I guess it's what you would call a "good" pain. Uh huh. So I think maybe I'll go a little slower and skip today's planned hour on the eliptical machine. Maybe a walk will do.
After being unemployed for several months,and desperately not wanting to get back into customer service, my loving husband had a suggestion: why don't I write? I was like, okay, but I'd like to make some money. And that was when he introduced me to the wonderful world of freelance writing. I figured what the heck? I did some research and started applying on the 30th of April. I was aiming at my first contract in the first two weeks. Well, I was up and writing by the 1st of May. It's not a huge amount of writing or money, but with one more contract like this, I will be making what I was when I left retail. And that's pretty sweet. Plus, every penny I make puts us closer to Jason not working out West anymore and us in our very own home. Plus, I love it. So far anyway. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: